Bengali egg curries are easy recipes anyone can make in no time and with no need for any special skills. Similarly, this Dim Shorshe recipe also calls for simple ingredients and just a couple of minutes to put together a hearty meal. No chopping and no elaborate preparations - our recipe just needs a handful of ingredients thrown together in a blender with our 100% natural Cashew + Mustard sauce and then cooked with hard-boiled eggs.
- Making hard-boiled eggs should always begin with cool water. Bringing up the temperature of the water and eggs together helps in even cooking and prevents the eggs from cracking.
- 4 boiled eggs
- 2 green chillies slit in the middle
- 1 teaspoon of nigella seeds
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 small onion pureed in the mixer
- 200 millilitres of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay’s Cashew + Mustard Dip & Spread
- Salt to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan and once heated, add nigella seeds. Once the seeds start to splatter, pour in the onion paste. Sprinkle some salt and turmeric into the mix and sauté until translucent.
- Add 2 tablespoons of our Cashew + Mustard Dip & Spread and ½ cup of water to the mix before bringing it to a simmer.
- Pour in the coconut milk and then add green chillies and boiled eggs to the pan.
- Cook the curry for a couple more minutes and then add in some salt to taste.
- Serve the curry warm with steamed white rice.