- Use full-fat fresh curd instead of curd made from toned milk or skimmed milk, which can curdle in the gravy.
- 1 tablespoon of Ghee
- 1 inch of a Cinnamon stick
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 2 Cloves
- ½ of a chopped Onion
- 1 teaspoon of chopped Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of chopped Garlic
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 cup of Water
- ½ cup of yoghurt
- Boombay’s Black Pepper Vegan Mayo
- 200 grams of Paneer, cut into cubes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil or ghee in a heavy pan or kadai and add the cinnamon, green cardamoms and cloves.
- Sauté for a few seconds till the spices start to crackle.
- Then add ½ cup chopped onion. Then add ½ teaspoon chopped ginger, ½ teaspoon chopped garlic, and 1 green chilli (chopped).
- Take ¼ cup fresh yoghurt in a bowl, whisk it till smooth and keep aside.
- Add the paneer pieces to this tempering gravy and then add ½ cup of water.
- Now add our Black Pepper Vegan Mayo to the mix and bring it to a simmer on a low flame.
- Serve the dish with flatbreads like rotis, chapati, paratha, naan or cumin rice, ghee rice or veg pulao.
Sprinkle some crushed black pepper on top to complete the dish.