With versatile ingredients like Corn and just a few of your pantry regulars, you can put together and serve this easy and crowd pleaser in absolutely time at all.
- For a smoky and more nuanced flavour in your chaat, add roasted corn kernels instead of boiled corn.
- DO NOT cook corn in the water for a long time as they should have a crunch.
- To enjoy a plant-based take on the recipe, switch the butter for a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil and add to the boiled corn kernels.
- ½ of an Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- 50 grams of salted Peanuts
- 200 grams of boiled Corn
- A small handful of fresh Coriander Leaves
- 3 to 4 chopped Spring Onions
- 1 teaspoon of Chaat Masala
- ½ teaspoon of Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Rock Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tablespoons Boombay's Garlic + Chilli Stir Fry Sauce
- In a saucepan with boiling water, add the corn kernels and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or till they are tender.
- Strain the corn kernels in a colander and set aside.
- Combine the sweet corn kernels, chopped ingredients, spices, salt, lemon juice, and fresh coriander together in a bowl.
- Add our Garlic + Chilli Stir Fry Sauce to the chaat and mix it all well before serving!