- A great recipe for beginners who may not have kitchen appliances that grind or do other complex processes. The method we use to make this recipe is much faster, easier and helps bring out the unique aromas and flavours of the dish.
- The most important step is to cook the mutton twice!
- 250 gms mutton
- 2 medium sized onion -finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 and ½ tsp BOOMBAY black pepper Mayo
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder / jeera
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 stick curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water or more if needed
- Marinate mutton with turmeric powder and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Wash them again and keep aside.
- Take a pressure cooker and add 4 tbsp oil.
- Temper mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Now, add chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes on low medium flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste and stir till the colour changes
- Add BoomBay Pepper Mayo, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala and Stir well .
- Now, add mutton.
- Add salt to taste and mix well .
- Finally, add water and stir well. Close the lid and pressure cook on low medium flame for 4-5 whistles
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Once the pressure settles down, open the lid.
- If you want thick gravy, then cook the masala for a while without the lid.
- Cook it according to your preference. Serve mutton pepper masala with rice or biryani or pulao.