A staple meal in South India, the thin and crispy Dosa is made from a 100% plant-based, fermented batter consisting of rice and urad dal (black gram). The two ingredients are ground together in a fine, smooth batter with a dash of salt and then fermented.
Place the grains in a large bowl or container to ensure they are well soaked in water.
- 1 tablespoon of Boombay's Tamarind + Spice Dip & Spread
- ¼ cup of Dosa batter, homemade or store bought
- 2 teaspoon of Fat of choice (Butter, Ghee or Sesame Oil)
- Heat a non-stick or cast iron skillet.
- Take a spoonful of dosa batter and spread it in circular motion on the pan.
- Sprinkle some butter, ghee or oil around the dosa.
- Once the dosa is cooked and cripy, spread ½ tablespoon of Boombay’s Tamarind + Spice Dip & Spread on it.
- Enjoy our Tamarind + Spice Dip & Spread also as a sauce on the side for extra flavour.