When you’re craving for a quick and easy dish that’s not just tasty, but also healthy, the art of stir frying is your answer. It’s a technique that’s staple to home-cooked meals in the Sichuan Province, and is a great way to retain nutrients in your tender-crisp vegetables while using only a small amount of cold-pressed oil.
- Stir fry using our unrefined Five Chilli Oil Topping to make this great veggie dish and serve over pan-fried or steamed noodles, or have as a quick meal with a side of baos.
- Meat lovers can also add meat or seafood of choice to this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon of Boombay’s Five Chilli Oil Topping
- 80 grams of a mixed variety of Mushrooms
- 4 to 5 Broccoli florets
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 small piece of Ginger
- 2 Spring Onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Oil
- 1 cup of Cooked Rice
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into quarters
- Wash the broccoli and cut it into florets
- Finely chop ginger and garlic
- Cut the spring onion diagonally and keep the greens and whites of the onion separate
- Heat oil in a pan before adding ginger and garlic along with whites of spring onion
- Cook until the onion turns translucent
- Stir fry the broccoli florets for 2 to 3 minutes until they are cooked but retain their crunch
- Add in the mixed mushrooms and cook till they release water and caramelise from all sides
- Add our Five Chilli Oil Topping to the dish
- Season it with salt and mix well
You can use the greens of spring onion as the perfect topping to your dish (apart from our Five Chilli Oil Topping)