Having curry in a hurry? Here’s a 5-minute fix for when you want 100% natural flavours of a delicious tadka without the hassle of cutting and chopping all the different ingredients.
- Keep the consistency of the dal neither thick nor thin but medium for the five chilli oil to sit just right when spooned on. Of course, you can opt for a different consistency based on your preference.
- Soak the lentils for 30 to 40 minutes in the preparation stage as this later helps in cooking them faster, and is a recommended step.
- Boombay’s Five Chilli Oil Topping tastes amazing as not just a tadka on your favourite dal, but also works great on any dish you want to spice up with some heat and color.
- Our Five Chilli Oil Topping, made using only cold-pressed oil, makes for a deliciously healthy garnish on Raita and Dahi Wada as well.
- 1 - 2 teaspoons of Boombay's Five Chilli Oil Topping
- 150 grams of Toor Dal
- 50 grams of Moong Dal
- ½ a teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- Water to cook the Dal
- Coriander to garnish
- Toasted peanuts to garnish
- Wash the Toor Dal and Moong Dal under running water and keep them aside
- Chop coriander like a chef (or finely, whatever comes naturally to you)
- Add both the washed dals to the pressure cooker along with half a teaspoon of turmeric and some water
- Cook the dals until soft and mash them a little to create a thick consistency
- Mix in one to two teaspoons of our Five Chilli Oil Topping for a burst of flavor with every bite
Top your dal with chopped coriander and toasted peanuts