Believed to have its origins in Indonesia, Satay is a sweet and savoury, grilled meat dish served with peanut sauce. Famous throughout Southeast-Asia, the most popular satay is chicken or pork satay, but beef and tofu are used as well.
When making satay, it is best to retain some of the fat with the chicken thigh. When grilled, the fat keeps the meat moist and adds a crunchy texture and smoky flavour to the meat. Serve the chicken skewers with a side of Boombay’s Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread.
- 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread
- 250 grams of Chicken
- 1 Chilli
- 2 pieces of Garlic
- 1 inch of a Ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 5 to 8 Wooden Skewers
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes or thick strips.
- Blitz ginger, garlic and chilli into coarse paste and add this to a bowl.
- Add soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of Boombay’s Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread.
- Season chicken breast with salt and marinate it with the ginger-soy mix.
- Thread the marinated cubes or strips onto the skewers.
- Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight for more flavour.
- Heat a non-stick or cast iron pan and lay the skewers on it.
- Cook the chicken on both sides.
- Enjoy the satay with our Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread as sauce.