When making satay, it is best to retain some of the fat with the chicken thigh. When grilled, the fat keeps the meat moist and adds a crunchy texture and smoky flavour to the meat. Serve the chicken skewers with a side of Boombay’s Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread.
- 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread
- 250 grams of Chicken
- 1 Chilli
- 2 pieces of Garlic
- 1 inch of a Ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 5 to 8 Wooden Skewers
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes or thick strips.
- Blitz ginger, garlic and chilli into coarse paste and add this to a bowl.
- Add soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of Boombay’s Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread.
- Season chicken breast with salt and marinate it with the ginger-soy mix.
- Thread the marinated cubes or strips onto the skewers.
- Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight for more flavour.
- Heat a non-stick or cast iron pan and lay the skewers on it.
- Cook the chicken on both sides.
- Enjoy the satay with our Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread as sauce.