- Press and gently pan-fry, steak-sized blocks of tofu. Marinate them in our 100% plant-based Teriyaki Sauce, which also works great as a marinade. Use our thick sauce to enjoy tofu patties with deliciously crispy crusts on the barbeque.
- When ready, serve the burgers with a side of french fries.
- 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 packet of Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 small Tomato
- 1 small Onion
- 1 small Iceberg Lettuce
- 2 Burger Buns
- 1 teaspoon of Oil to fry French fries
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite Butter
- Cut tofu into a steak shape to fit inside the burger bun.
- In case the tofu seems too thick, cut it horizontally into two pieces
- Marinate the tofu in 2 tablespoons of our Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- Wash the tomato and the onion
- Slice the tomato into thin slices and the onion into circles
- Clean and wash the iceberg nicely before keeping it in ice-cold water to retain freshness
- Heat a grill, cast-iron or non-stick pan and add oil
- Grill the marinated tofu block until the grill line appears and if you are cooking on a pan, cook until the tofu is golden brown on all sides.
- Add the tomato slices and onion slices to the grill and char them from both sides
- Cut the burger buns and smear butter on both sides of the bun or toast the buns if desired
- Assemble the burger by placing iceberg lettuce on the bottom piece of the bun, then add a couple of slices of tomato, grilled tofu and onion slices.
- Drizzle over our Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce and complete the burger with the top piece of the bun
Prepare french fries to enjoy as the perfect side!