Many believe the first Teriyaki sauce was made in Japan. However, according to the major soy sauce producer Kikkoman, Hawaii is the true birthplace of this umami flavour bomb. The syrupy sweet sauce contains soy sauce as its key ingredient, along with sake, sugar, and ginger.
In this simple, “emergency recipe”, we coat chicken drumsticks with Boombay’s 100% natural Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce to make savoury, and crispy Chicken Teriyaki Drumsticks that are perfect for a spontaneous dinner plan.
Serve hot on a bed of cauliflower rice or with a side of roasted broccoli.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons of Oil
- 1 teaspoon of toasted Sesame Seeds
Preheat your oven to 180°C and line it with a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil
- Spray the drumsticks all over with oil and place them on the prepared baking sheet
- Bake them for 30 to 45 minutes until cooked through depending on their size and how hot your oven runs
- Aim for an internal temperature of 73°C with your meat thermometer
- Remove the baked chicken pieces onto a serving platter and brush them with our Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
Sprinkle over toasted sesame seeds and serve