There are many ways you can amp up the protein in this vegetarian meal:
- Add pan-seared vegetarian proteins like tofu or seitan to your mushroom bowl for that extra crunch or a juicy, meat-like texture. You can also double up the vegan teriyaki sauce in the recipe and brush it on the seitan for an amazing teriyaki dinner.
- For a deliciously sweet and tangy non-vegetarian alternative, glaze some chicken thighs with our 100% plant-based Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 cup of Cooked Rice
- 5 to 6 pieces of mixed Mushrooms like Button, Portobello and Shiitake
- 5 to 6 Broccoli florets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of Oil
- Clean the mushroom and cut them vertically into 3 to 4 pieces each
- Clean the broccoli florets and wash them nicely
- Heat a pan or skillet on medium heat and add oil to sauté the mushrooms until they have released the water and caramelized
- Season the mushrooms and add broccoli to the pan
- Sauté the broccoli until it is bright green and cooked through
- Add rice to the pan and mix everything together
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of our Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce, toss well and enjoy