An essential flavour in many styles of Japanese meats and fish-based foods, Teriyaki is a blast of umami with key ingredients like soy sauce, Japanese rice wine (mirin), and other sweeteners. For the savoury glaze to reach its delicious caramelized state, the dish is cooked on high heat, usually from a broiler or grill. We mix varieties of mushrooms with our 100% natural and healthy Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce for a plant-based take on this delicious Japanese dish.
There are many ways you can amp up the protein in this vegetarian meal:
- Add pan-seared vegetarian proteins like tofu or seitan to your mushroom bowl for that extra crunch or a juicy, meat-like texture. You can also double up the vegan teriyaki sauce in the recipe and brush it on the seitan for an amazing teriyaki dinner.
- For a deliciously sweet and tangy non-vegetarian alternative, glaze some chicken thighs with our 100% plant-based Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 cup of Cooked Rice
- 5 to 6 pieces of mixed Mushrooms like Button, Portobello and Shiitake
- 5 to 6 Broccoli florets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of Oil
- Clean the mushroom and cut them vertically into 3 to 4 pieces each
- Clean the broccoli florets and wash them nicely
- Heat a pan or skillet on medium heat and add oil to sauté the mushrooms until they have released the water and caramelized
- Season the mushrooms and add broccoli to the pan
- Sauté the broccoli until it is bright green and cooked through
- Add rice to the pan and mix everything together
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of our Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce, toss well and enjoy