Colourful and flavourful bowls of salads, with ingredients such as eggs, leafy romaine, fruits, and seeds have been part of English dinner spreads since the 17th-18th century. Continuing the long legacy of this deliciously healthy meal, we've topped our salad with a generous drizzle of Boombay's 100% natural Garlic Vegan Mayo for mildly spiced and bold flavours.
Simple to make, this is a great dish to put together with friends, and even kids who are just learning about basic knife skills and safety in the kitchen. Ensure your assistant chef has the perfect set of knives that are not too large, not too heavy, and not too dull to use.
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay's Garlic Vegan Mayo
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes
- Few leaves of your favourite Lettuce
- ½ a Celery
- Toasted Nuts and Seeds for garnish
- Take a large saucepan and add the eggs
- Cover the pan with cold water till the eggs are fully submerged, cover the pan and bring the water to a rolling boil
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the eggs for 6 to 7 minutes and prepare an ice-cold bath on the side
- Switch off the heat, remove the lid and use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs
- Drop the egg immediately into the cold bath or place them under running cold water
- Peel the eggs and cut them into quarters
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into half if they are large
- Wash the celery and cut it into bite-sized pieces
- Wash the lettuce and keep it in cold water to maintain crispness
- Put all the ingredients into a big bowl
- Add our Garlic Vegan Mayo to mix and dress the salad
Top with toasted nuts and seeds for that extra cruch!