Believed to be one of the oldest Italian meals, Cacio e Pepe is a Roman pasta dish true to its roots, with black pepper as one of its key ingredients. Literally translated as “cheese and pepper”, this simple dish consists of spaghetti, plenty of pepper, and Pecorino Romano, which is a variety of Italian cheese made from sheep’s milk. You can prepare this quick dish, even faster, by just using our 100% natural Black Pepper Vegan Mayo as pasta sauce. Mix it with the cooked spaghetti and enjoy a plate of Rome from home!
For a delicious bowl of Cacio e Pepe, mix Boombay’s Black Pepper Vegan Mayo with cooked Spaghetti or Bucatini. These types of long and smooth noodles are “toothy” or thick enough to stand up against our creamy mayo, which also makes for a great pasta sauce.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Boombay's Black Pepper Vegan Mayo
- 125 grams of Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 1 drop of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon or more of freshly crushed Black Pepper to garnish
- Salt to taste
- Boil the pasta in salted water with a drop of olive oil
- Strain the pasta and reserve 3 tablespoon of boiling water
- In a pan take butter or olive oil and add some freshly ground pepper, 2 tablespoons of our Black Pepper Vegan Mayo and 1 tablespoon of pasta water to loosen up the mayo
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to mix well or until the sauce has coated the pasta
Crush some black pepper over the pasta and enjoy!