‘Chingri Malai’, a Bengali prawn curry that draws influences from Malaysia (hence also known as ‘Malay Curry’), combines typical Bengali ingredients such as mustard, chilli and ginger to create a creamy and juicy flavour bomb. In this recipe, Boombay’s 100% natural cashew + mustard dip and spread is added to the curry to enhance its rich and creamy flavours.
For this recipe, heat vegetable oil or sunflower oil to a smoking point, and then cool it down before using. Optionally, use freshly grated coconut or other dried varieties to add texture and depth to the creamy curry.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of Boombay's Cashew + Mustard Dip & Spread
- 8 to 10 pieces of Shrimp
- 200 millilitres of Coconut Milk
- 2 teaspoon of Oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly grated Coconut to garnish
Wash the shrimp and leave it to drain out the water.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and lightly smear the shrimps.
- Add our Cashew + Mustard Dip & Spread and coconut milk to the pan.
- Bring the curry to a boil and season with salt.
- Boil it for 5 to 6 minutes and then take off the heat.
- Cover the curry and let the flavour infuse.
- Enjoy with a side of rice.
Sprinkle over freshly grated coconut to make your curry taste even richer.