Inspired by the vibrant Mediterranean Farro Salad, this salad enhances the mellow flavours of roasted cauliflower and chickpea, using a generous drizzle of Boombay’s Cashew + Mustard Dip & Spread as a dressing. The combination of roasted cauliflower, sweet red bell peppers, spiced chickpeas, and tangy lemon mustard dressing is a crowd favourite.
Give your own touch to the recipe by using a different veggie in place of cauliflower. Roasted broccoli, roasted sweet potato or roasted brussels sprouts are some great alternatives to roasted cauliflower.
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay's Cashew + Mustard Dip & Spread
- 1 small head of Cauliflower
- ¼ cup of Chickpea
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 5 to 6 stems of Kale
- Wash the chickpeas and soak them for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cook the chickpeas in a pressure cooker or instant pot to ensure it cooks through but still retains its shape.
- Wash and clean the cauliflower and red bell peppers.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and bell pepper into big chunks.
- De-stem the kale, wash it nicely and dry it before cutting it into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and rub oil and salt on the florets and the red bell pepper.
- Put the cauliflower and red bell pepper on an oven proof tray.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven until cooked and caramelised from all sides and the skin of red bell pepper is blistered.
- Peel the skin of the red bell pepper.
- Take a big bowl and fill it with the kale, cauliflower, chickpea and red bell pepper.
- Use our Cashew + Mustard Dip & Spread as a dressing for the salad and enjoy.