True to its name Gado-Gado, which means ‘mixed-mixed’ in Indonesian, is a bowl of sweet, spicy and savoury flavours, greens and textures coming together to make a deliciously healthy salad. This salad bowl usually consists of raw, slightly boiled, blanched or steamed vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potato, fried tofu, tempeh, and lontong, served with a generous drizzle of peanut sauce. In our vegan take on the dish though, we leave out the eggs and top the salad with Boombay’s 100% plant-based Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread.
- Gado Gado is a hearty salad that is not only a perfect main course for one but is also a great outdoor potluck or picnic spread to enjoy with some rice.
- Served at room temperature, the dish can sit well dressed for up to 60 to 90 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread
- 10 to 12 Green Beans
- ½ Beans Sprouts
- ½ of a Cabbage
- 1 Carrot
- Coriander to garnish
- Lime wedge to garnish
- Crushed toasted Peanuts to garnish
- Wash all the vegetables
- Peel the carrots, clean the green beans and cut the cabbage into thick wedges
- Blanch the green beans, cabbage and carrots
- Julienne the carrots and green beans and shred the cabbage
- Take a big bowl and add all the veggies
- Drizzle over our Peanut + Lime Dip & Spread and enjoy
Garnish the delicious salad with coriander leaves, lime wedges and crushed toasted peanuts