Although Thailand’s Tam-style pounded salads are more widely known, this colourful salad’s origins can be traced back to Laos and Isan cuisine. Just because it’s called a salad, don’t mistake it for a boring bowl of leaves. This dish is a true flavour bomb that bursts with sweet, spicy, sour and salty flavours all over and has become a fast-food, on-the-go item with varying flavour profiles in Thai and Laos eateries, across the world. For an extra kick of 100% natural, zesty citrus flavour, top the salad with our very own Lime Leaf + Lemongrass Stir Fry Sauce.
- To release the intense aromas of the ingredients, we recommend pounding them with a wooden pestle instead of making a pulverized paste.
- Just before serving, lightly pound your green papaya and mix it in the salad bowl. This allows it to absorb the dressing and have the best crunchy texture to taste.
- 1 tablespoon of Boombay’s Lime Leaf + Lemongrass Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 small Green Papaya
- 1 small Carrot
- 20 grams of Bean Sprouts
- 2 to 3 pieces of Long Beans
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of toasted Peanuts
- Cilantro to garnish
- Wash the papaya, carrot, long beans, bean sprouts and cilantro
- Peel the papaya and carrot and clean the long beans
- Julienne the papaya and carrot and cut the long beans into thin strips
- Blanch the bean sprouts
- Cut the cilantro and crush some toasted peanuts
- Take a big bowl and add the julienned papaya, carrot, strips of long beans and blanched bean sprouts
- Sprinkle toasted peanuts on top
- Drizzle our Lime Leaf + Lemongrass Stir Fry Sauce to the salad and mix well
Top the salad with crushed toasted peanuts and chopped cilantro