Aromatic lamb chops, rich in flavour, make centerpiece in all Middle Eastern dinner spreads and are the perfect meal for a romantic night out. Marinated in various herbs and spices before being seared, this insanely satisfying dish is a favourite in Arab households. To elevate the earthy and minty flavours in these “lamb lollipops” (meat on a rib chop that is French trimmed), we use our 100% natural Oregano + Thyme Dressing as marinade.
- Preheat the grill to 180°C. One of the easiest meats to grill, lamb chops need minimal cooking time when the grill is preheated correctly.
- For a beautiful sear over the ribs, ensure the meat is at room temperature before they go on the grill.
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay’s Oregano + Thyme Dressing
- 2 Lamb Chops
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
Marinate the lamb chops in Boombay’s Oregano + Thyme Dressing and salt for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a cast-iron pan or any ovenproof dish
- Sear the lamb chop on the pan with the fatty side facing down
- Flip it after 2 minutes and sear the other side
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast to the desired doneness
- It takes around 6 to 8 mins to get medium-rare to medium doneness
- Remove the pan from the oven and cover it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes