Grab your favourite pantry ingredients for this yummy, 10-min lunch fix. This quick and easy meal also makes for a healthy protein snack or post workout snack. All you need are some boiled eggs and a side salad, topped with our spicy Timur Chilli Crisp Topping.
- Salt water is the magic solution that seals up any cracked eggs and stops them from shooting strings of egg white in your pot. For the perfect set of boiled eggs, just add a teaspoon of salt to the water and it will help the egg whites solidify faster.
- As the recipe calls for common pantry ingredients, you can pick salad greens or other veggie toppings of your choice to mix with the eggs, before drizzling over our spicy Timur Chilli Crisp Topping, made with cold-pressed oil.
- 1 tablespoon of Boombay’s Timur Chilli Crisp Topping
- 2 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- 4 to 5 mixed Lettuce such as Romaine and Iceberg
- Roasted Sesame Seeds to garnish
- Add the eggs to a large saucepan and fill it with cold water till the eggs are fully submerged
- Cover the pan and bring the water to rolling boil before reducing the heat to medium and cooking the eggs for 6 to 7 minutes
- While the eggs are cooking, prepare an ice bath
- Turn off the heat and take out the boiled eggs with a slotted spoon
- Drop them immediately into the ice bath and leave them to sit for a minute or two
- Alternatively, place the eggs under running cold water
- Peel the eggs and keep aside
- Wash the lettuce and remove any excess water before tearing it to bite sized pieces
- Cut the eggs and arrange them over the lettuce in a bowl
- Drizzle our Timur Chilli Crisp Topping
Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds over the salad for extra rich flavour