Traditionally, this chilli oil dish requires handmade noodles, but dry noodles work just as well. These spicy chilli crisp noodles are simple to cook and loaded with healthy ingredients and irresistibly delicious flavour.
- For more flavour, cook ground meat or veggie toppings like tofu, onions, mushrooms and julienned carrots in our Timur Chilli Crisp Topping, made using cold pressed oil. Blanched greens such as Bok Choy or Chinese broccoli also make for great optional toppings.
- Increase the amount of our Timur Chilli Crisp Topping according to the quantity of your meat or veggie toppings.
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay’s Timur Chilli Crisp Topping
- 100 grams of your favourite Noodles
- 50 grams of Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 cloves of Garlic that are nicely chopped
- 2 stalks of Spring Onion
- 1 tablespoon of Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Light Soy Sauce
- Finely chop the ginger, garlic and spring onion
- Keep the whites and green of the spring onion separate
- Drain excess water from the tofu and crumble it
- Heat up a non-stick pan to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil to it
- In a serving bowl, add the chopped garlic, ginger and spring onion
- Next add our Timur Chilli Crisp Topping to the pan and cook till everything is sizzling
- Once the sizzling stops, mix in the soy sauce
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil for the noodles
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water and strain before adding them to a bowl
- Finally top the dish with crumbled tofu
Before you dig in, top the noodle dish with greens of spring onion for extra flavour