With a special refrigerator in every Korean household for Kimchi, the side dish takes centre stage when added to Korean soups and stews to create delicious flavour combinations. Prepared using salted and fermented vegetables, such as napa cabbage and Korean radish, and seasonings including gochugaru, garlic, ginger, and jeotgal, Kimchi is at the heart of Korean cooking. Bring home traditional Korean flavours by mixing our 100% plant-based dressing with crunchy bite-sized pieces of napa cabbage.
- It’s best to leave the kimchi to ferment for a day or two, but you can also have it fresh— like a refreshing salad, sprinkled over with toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- For a stronger sour flavour and softer texture, store the kimchi in the refrigerator for three weeks to ferment.
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay’s Smoked Chilli + Jaggery Dressing
- 1 small Napa Cabbage
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- Shred the napa cabbage
- Clean the jar in which you will be keeping the kimchi
- In the cleaned jar, add shredded cabbage, salt and our Smoked Chilli + Jaggery Dressing
- Keep it at room temperature for a day and then store it in the fridge