The sweet and charry Ayam Bakar is an Indonesian-style Grilled Chicken that’s spiced with sambal belacan and usually served with rice. We add a garlicky twist to this savoury dish with our Chilli + Garlic Stir Fry Sauce as a marinade.
- Serve the chicken grilled with a side of Asian slaw or bake it at 180°C for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Bring out the herby and nutty flavours in your dish with fresh mint, scallions and crushed roasted peanuts for garnish.
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay’s Garlic + Chilli Stir Fry Sauce
- 6 pieces of Chicken Leg
- 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Make an incision on the chicken legs, leave them whole and place them in a bowl
- Combine the soy sauce and Boombay’s Chilli + Garlic Stir Fry Sauce to make the marinade
- Pour the marinade over the chicken legs and marinate for 15 minutes or overnight
- Preheat the grill to medium-high
- Place the chicken legs on a hot, preheated and greased grill
- Cover the grill and cook for 5 minutes or longer until deep grill marks appear
- Turn over the chicken legs once you’ve got a good sear on both sides and bring down the heat to low or move the chicken legs to the upper rack and continue cooking through
- Alternatively, finish cooking in a 180°C oven