Legend has it that the first Margherita pizza was invented in 1889 by the hands of chef Raffaele Esposito at Pizzeria Brandi in Naples, Italy. Allegedly created in honor of Italy's unification, the three Margherita toppings—basil, mozzarella, and tomato—respectively represent the green, white, and red of the Italian flag.
- Fresh mozzarella retains at least 52 percent water, so it’s best to cut it and set aside the slices on a paper or tea towel to remove the excess moisture; let it sit for at least 15 minutes before putting them on your pizza.
- Once the pizza is out of the oven, cut it into even slices and serve with a side of Boombay’s 100% natural Dill Seeds + Herbs Dip & Spread.
- 3 tablespoons of Boombay’s Dill Seeds + Herbs Dip & Spread
- 2 Pizza Bases
- 4 to 6 tablespoons of Margherita sauce
- 5 to 7 pieces of Fresh Cheese like mozzarella
- Basil to garnish
Spread the sauce on your favourite pizza base and layer it with the cheese.
- Cook the pizza as per packet instructions or your preference.
- Once the pizza is cooked, top it with some basil.
- Dip it in Boombay’s Dill Seeds + Herbs Dip & Spread and enjoy.