An essential for all sandwich connoisseurs, Japanese Katsu Sando is a beautiful pork chop sandwich that makes for a great lunch or picnic menu. The meat is fried to crispy perfection and sandwiched between bread that's layered with tonkatsu sauce and shredded white cabbage. In this recipe, swap out the tonkatsu with our Miso + Ginger Stir Fry Sauce for a burst of unforgettable umami flavours in the mouth!
- Make an amazing set of Katsu Sando, using the airy and fluffy Brioche bread or any soft white bread that just melts in your mouth.
- Once the sandwich is built, settle it down by placing a weight on top for about 5 minutes. This recommended step helps maintain the shape of the sandwich when it's about to be cut.
- 2 tablespoons of Boombay’s Miso + Ginger Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 slices of your favourite Bread, preferably white
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Breadcrumbs
- ½ tablespoon of Plain flour
- 1 Egg
- Few leaves of your favourite variety of Lettuce
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and lay over a cling film on it
- Pound the chicken breast until it is evenly thick
- Take 3 bowls and add flour, egg and breadcrumbs to each before seasoning them with salt and pepper
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs
- Let the chicken rest for a minimum of 20 minutes in the fridge
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the chicken in oil until it is golden on the outside and white through the centre
- Place it on a dish with paper towels or a wire rack to drain the excess oil
- Spread our Miso Ginger Stir Fry Sauce on one side of the bread
- Place the chicken on the bread and then add a layer of lettuce over it
- Drizzle some of our Miso Ginger Stir Fry Sauce and put the other slice of bread on top to enjoy